We will be gone for three and a half weeks. We are going to officially start the vacation by seeing We Will Rock You in Toronto. I thought it was a fitting send off! I'm hoping to be all packed, so that I can spend the night at my Mom's in Oakville and not have to drive back home. I'm leaving my car at my Mom's, so it makes sense to stay there! We leave Toronto the next evening on an overnight flight to London and spend 3 nights in London then take the EuroStar train to Paris for four nights.
This first leg of the trek is with a company called Adventures by Disney. On the London leg of the tour, we will be visiting the Tower of London, Buckingham Palace, the London Eye, Mary Poppins Theatre production, have tea at Harrods, and much more. While in London, we will be staying at the Renaissance Chancery Court Hotel. We then board the Eurostar and head to Paris. In Paris, we spend half a day at the Louvre, we visit the Notre Dame Cathedral, we spend a full day at the Palace of Versailles, and have lunch at the Eiffel Tower. Kirstyn really wants to visit the Opera House Garnier to see the Phantom's famous box 5. I want to go visit the Moulon Rouge. I thought about seeing the show, but I think we will just go see the building instead. I also would like to go and see, maybe eat at, Johnny Depp's restaurant, Mandala Ray. In Paris, we will be staying at the Hilton Paris Arc de Triomphe Hotel. Yea ... get to collect those Aeroplan Miles!
After we leave Paris, we will be flying to Barcelona. We will be met at the airport by DCL transfers and taken to the Hilton Diagonal Mar Hotel in Barcelona, where we will spend the night. This hotel has a rooftop pool, is 220 yards from the Beautiful Mediterranean sea, plus it is right next door to one of the largest shopping malls in Barcelona. My plans at this point in time include maybe getting some laundry done at the hotel, going to the mall to pick up some water for the ship, plus any last minute necessities, and then going to the Meson David for dinner with our friends from the DIS. We also would like to try and catch the Magic Fountain show if there is time!
The next morning we will be picked up by Disney Cruise Line and transferred to the Disney Magic where we will set sail on an 11 day cruise of the Mediterranean. Here is a map of the itinerary for our cruise:

I have booked an excursion in each port. In Barcelona, we will be going a 3 hour bus tour of the city, visiting La Sagrada Familia and seeing the statue of Columbus. In Palermo, we will be visiting the Capuccinian Catacombs, as well as the Zisa Castle and the Spasimo Church. In Naples, we will be taking a drive along the Amalfi Coast and visiting Pompeii. In Olbia, we are taking a tour of La Maddalena Islands. We are taking a full day tour of Rome which includes the Trevi Fountain, the Pantheon, the Colloseum and of course the Vatican. We won't be visiting Pisa, so that we can spend the day in Florence. Here we will be visiting the Accademia di Belle Arti museum. We will get to see the real David. For our stops in France, we will visit Aix en Provence, Chateau d'If, and Nice, plus a tour of Monte Carlo and Monaco.
I have decided to pamper myself on the ship and have booked a Hot Stones Massage. I've always wanted to try one, so what the heck! I'm hoping to get in on Brunch at Palos with a group of people I met on the DIS boards. Palos is an adult only restaurant on the ship. Kirstyn is to young to eat there and I really wanted to try it out, so this brunch idea is ideal for me. I hope it works out!
After the cruise, I plan on flying back to Paris and spending 3 nights at Disneyland Paris. We are booked at the Hotel New York. I figure when will I be getting back to Paris, so I might as well do it right! My trip finally comes to an end as I fly back to Toronto and go back to reality and work.
So that is it for my trip of a life time ... Stay tuned for more details!

No comments:
Post a Comment