Wow ... 18 sleeps left. If you are asking why I count in sleeps, it all goes back to my first trip to Disney with my 3 year old. She couldn't grasp the concept of time fully, but she could relate to big sleeps. So to help her count down the trip, and to save my sanity, we made a chart of how many big sleeps until our trip. Every morning she got to cross off a sleep and this made the time go faster for her, plus it helped her to go to bed at night. I guess she figured the faster she went to bed, the faster the trip would come. She's 16 now and has wised up to this, but we still count in sleeps!
So we are pretty much ready for the trip. I'm starting to get things organized. I'm not overly compulsive, but am laying out everything in the spare room in preparation. I've got all the toiletries in one spot, the miscellaneous stuff in another, the purse stuff in a third spot and the bed is divided in half, my clothes on one side, and Kirstyn's on the other. I just hope I don't forget anything important. As long as I have the tickets, passports, credit cards and money, I'll be okay. Anything else, I can buy in Europe.
I've talked to my neighbour, and he will be mowing the grass for me, I have a friend checking the house, Budde my dog is all set for his own vacation with his mom and dad. The couple I bought Budde off of, are watching him while I'm gone. Let's see what else, I have another neighbour parking their car in my driveway. I have to remember to turn off the water, turn off the air conditioning, don't have to worry about the mail (we have a super box, so no home delivery), have someone picking up the papers,is there anything I'm forgetting? Oh yea.. get rid of this darn cold I've caught. It has been a week now, and I think it is getting better. I've also set up my online banking to pay my bills while I'm gone. Boy a lot sure does go into planning a trip! I'm exhausted just typing this. I think I need a nap.
Ta Ta for now! (that's British talk for goodbye)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment