Today has been a crazy day. First I was up late packing, and then spent about an hour trying to settle down and sleep. I slept right through my alarm and woke up to the doorbell at 9:30. It was strange not hearing Budd bark his head off. We dropped him off last night at the sitters, so my protector was gone. Anyway, I thought it was the neighbour, so I opened the door in my housecoat only to discover it was a driveway paving sales rep. How embarrasing! I told him no thanks and I would call him later. All my luggage was in full view, so I was kind of nervous. He left me a business card, so I called his company and checked him out. Turns out he is legit. Sigh of relief.
So we hit the road at around 2:30 to head to Mom's in Oakville. The trip was non eventful as usual. We chatted with Mom for awhile and watched POC 2 - Dead Man's Chest. We headed out to the airport once my brother got home. We took my car, as all the luggage was already loaded. It was wierd being a passenger in my own car! Everything went smoothly checking in. It helped that I printed off my boarding pass at home this morning. It made the process so much smoother. All the luggage was within it's limits, so no extra expense. I only hope there is not expense at CDG when I head out to BCN.
After checking in, the next stop was the security scanners. I had no problems. Didn't even have to take my shoes off. Kirstyn had to take her belt off though. I had to open up my purse pockets. It turned out that they didn't like the roll of quarters I had in there for laundry on the ship! I'll know next time to put the quarters in my checked luggage. Other than that, everything is going great. Just waiting for the flight to take off! They are supposed to start boarding in 50 minutes! Talk to you later!
PS Check out the incredible sunset in Toronto!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment