Friday, 20 July 2007

Disneyland Paris – Day 2

Well here it is, our final full day on vacation. Today was spent at Disneyland. One thing I noticed here is that the waits aren’t so bad. The longest wait for today was 40 minutes for Peter Pan. Surprisingly we only had a 15 minute wait for Space Mountain. Space Mountain was our primary goal. We rushed over there and the sign said 10 minute wait. We decided to grab a fast pass for Buzz Lightyear, and headed over to Space Mountain. It is different than Florida. The cars are more traditional roller coaster cars. They have the over the head mechanism as the ride does loop. I found the ride to be fun, but it gives you a head ache from all the flopping from side to side, other than that, I say 2 thumbs up. I hope they redesign the Florida one to match!

After Space Mountain, we did a walkthrough of the Nautilus from Captain Nemo, then headed over to Buzz. I whooped Kirstyn big time, more than double her score. She wasn’t too happy. Our next stop was Fantasyland. This trip we did rides we normally avoid due to WDW’s long lines. Our first stop was Snow White, then Pinocchio. Both rides are similar, just different fairy tales. Another difference I noted is that the rides seem darker here than in WDW, and I’m talking mainly about the queue area!

After Pinocchio, we grabbed a fast pass for Peter Pan as the wait was over an hour. We decided at this point to do the rest of the kid’s rides. We did It’s a Small World, the Mad Hatter Tea Cups, Casey’s Steam Engine. Two new (to us) rides we did were Alice’s Curious Maze and a small boat ride through miniatures of the fairytales. I can’t remember the name of the last one though. We had over an hour and a half to our fast pass time, so we thought we would try Pirates again. On the way, the wait for Peter Pan was down to 30 minutes, so we got in line. I like this ride, but don’t quite get why there is always such a long lineup?

At this time it is 4:30 pm and our dinner reservation is for 6. We made our way over to Pirates and went for another spin. This is another ride with a dark queuing area. I’m surprised there aren’t more people tripping. The ride let out right at the entrance to the restaurant where we had reservations, The Blue Lagoon. I spoke to the girl at the desk and they could seat us immediately. We gave away our fast passes to Peter Pan, then had dinner. I had the Shrimp Cocktail and Chicken and Seafood Creole. Kirstyn had a chicken burger. After dinner, we wandered through Sleeping Beauty’s castle, then made our way through Disney Village and back to our room.

So here I am. I have to start packing now. I want to take this opportunity to thank you for reading this, and for all the nice comments. I hope you have enjoyed our vacation as much as we have. It has really been great, but I’m looking forward to going home. It’s back to reality on Monday. I have to start earning money for our next trip, the Panama Canal. Until then; Au Revoir, Ciao, Adios and Farewell!

Mary Jane and Kirstyn!

3 comments:

Pam in Moncton said...

Thank you Mary_Jane and Kirstyn for sharing all your adventures with us! It has been so much fun to read. I check every day for a new installment! My family and I are going on a Mediterranean cruise the end of the month (not Disney though) and I have enjoyed reading what people thought of the various ports as some of them will be the same. Have a good trip home!
Pam (Moncton, NB)

Anonymous said...

Hi. It's Samantha from the London Paris adventure. I was wondering if Kirstyn has Facebook, I'd like to try to keep in touch. You can email me at s10.sscott@wittenberg.edu
Hope you enjoyed your trip!

Samantha (BG, OH)

Anonymous said...

Mary Jane and Kirstyn, It was such a pleasure to meet you both on our 7/7/07 cruise. The bracelets were a big hit with the family and especially appreciated the child sized wrist bands! Thanks! Your blog is terrific and makes us relive our Magical trip. I am happy you've taken the time to share so much! Happy trails and, no, my luggage still has not arrived!!!! (last seen 7/6/07 in the possession of a KLM baggage handler! LOL!)
Best, Bettina and Family
(Tiny Bubbles, Saratoga NY)